Monday, July 12, 2010

Card Challenge - Cards for Kids

I think we sometimes get into a pattern of making cards in a certain style - it can be quite easy to make cards for other women. Sometimes it's tough to change our thinking and make a card for a kid when the occasion arises. So of course - that's this week's challenge! Let's see some cards for kids. Here's what the card team has created for us this week... oops - I'm getting ahead of myself! First, I would like to introduce to you our Guest Designer for the week:

KT Hom was our winner two weeks ago, with our Red, White & Blue card challenge. (You can see her winning entry here.)

KT's Bio

"I've been a paper crafter for over 30 years and I still have to make a card almost every day (because it makes me so happy)! Now that my children are all grown up, I'm pursuing my passion and having fun designing paper craft projects and teaching paper craft classes for a San Jose, California scrapbook store. Please visit my new blog at http://kthomdesigns.blogspot.com/ for paper craft ideas and free tutorials to use with products sold by Let's Capture Our Memories."


KT created a couple of fun summer-themed kid's cards for this week's challenge:



And here are the designs from our Card Team:

Anita took an adorable design from a piece of patterned paper, and highlighted it with stickles for a little sparkle.


Jerusha stamped a fun design perfect for your favorite cheeky monkey.


Can't you just picture giving Corinne's card to an adventurous little boy?


Dani's little octopus was colored in with colored pencils, and then given a treatment of Glossy Accents to make her shiny. The flower is topped off with some glitter. She embossed the label and ran some white ink across it to make it stand out from the background paper.


Emily's card would be perfect for a baby shower and gift.


Melissa's card would be fantastic for a little girl's cupcake birthday - check out the bling 'sprinkles'!


Most of us know a few cute little 'monsters', and Sandi's card would be just right for one of them.



JJ's card is both bright and girlie-girl, and is destined for one of her 'tween nieces. She added glossy accents to the circles in the patterned paper, for a little more shine.


Now it's your turn - we want to see what fun cards you create for the kids in your life. Get your card linked here by Saturday July 17th at 8PM EST. Then winners will be posted here on Sunday the 18th. The winning card creator will receive a Guest DT spot  and 15% off their purchase at the LCOM store (one time) with the card team for the week of July 26th.

6 comments:

RiNNE said...

can't wait to see what you come up with!

Allison Cope said...

Great cards ladies!

Anita said...

So cute everyone.

Unknown said...

Cute cards, everybody! The card I linked is a boy's card that I just made for the Design Team July Reveal at My Sketch World. It's based on one of Lucy Chesna's sketches.

Unknown said...

Oops - I got the wrong link in the first one. Could be because it's been a long day and it's 12:30 PM. LOL

Sharm Nidyanandan said...

Hi there! I'm back to joining you'll & loving it! ;) Fab DT cards!! all so cute! :)