Monday, October 18, 2010

Capturin' Our Sketch #6 and Leaves Card Challenge

Here's the sketch this week by Sandi.  Tanya L would like you to add some leaves to your card for a little extra added challenge.  In the eastern United States, we are enjoying the season of fall.  The weather is getting a little bit chillier and the beautiful leaves are changing colors. Even though it is getting colder, it always is my favorite time of year.  A time of harvest and abundance of color and life.  The hustling and bustling of hay rides and pumpkin carving, raking leaves and jumping into the piles and the corn mazes.  Hope you are having a wonderful fun filled fall!

Here's what Team B has for you this week!

Don't you just love the metal elements she added to her card?!

Only a piece of cardstock and ribbon, but so much dimension with paint and stamps.  You can get the mossy mist smooch at the LCOM store

Dani used Antique Linen Distressed Stickles and ripped her paper to create the look on her celery paper.  What a beautiful fall card!

Sandi used the new basic grey pyrus scrapbooking paper,but if you would like to make some cards with the pyrus kit, you can purchase it here at LCOM.
And let's welcome back our Guest Designer for this week ....

Hi! I'm Stacy Koo, residing in Singapore, a tiny red dot in Asia. I work as a Biomedical Regional Engineer and because it is such a physically demanding job, I decided I need to find the other gentle side of me. :)

My scrapbooking interest started 3 years ago after attending a SB class with a colleague. And I haven't look back since then. I do not think that I have a style that I stick to, because I love to experiment with new colors and techniques, but I'd say that I can't do without the color brown! I also love to knit, crochet and sew - these are probably the genes I've inherited from my mom. :) Recently, I've been experimenting with paper quilting and wire - they look great on cards and layouts! This amazing hobby has taken me in directions I could only have imagined. I have met some amazing friends and I look forward to all the possibilities to come.  Do drop by my blog and say hi! :) Thanks LCOM for the great inspirations and sketches! :)

Here is her card!



Stacy is getting us ready for the holiday season! Love the lace and the holly and berries!
Speaking of Christmas cards...on your mark...get ready...on November 5, 6, and 7 the Card Team is having a Christmas Card Crop...Get SET.  Hope you will join us on our blogs and in the LCOM forum for lots of inspiration and prizes to get you in the holiday spirit and on your way to making your own homemade Christmas cards.

Hope you've enjoyed the DT members takes on the sketch. Now it's your turn. What is your take? Let's see what you do with it and some leaves! Post your card link to Mr. Linky by Saturday, October 23rd at 8PM EST for a chance to be our next GDT for the week of October 31st and 15% off your next LCOM order. Can't wait to see your cards!!!

7 comments:

Stacy said...

Thanks LCOM for the lovely chance - it's a wonderful sketch! :)

RiNNE said...

very cool cards, CDT! And congrats to stacy...your card is wonderful!

Sandy Ang said...

Welcome back Stacy. Love the lattice effect on your Christmas card !

Allison Cope said...

Loved this week's sketch & challenge ladies!

@JoyceCasaldi said...

I did the challeng and will post as soon as I can:) Great sketch and great cards ladies!

Smitha said...

Loved the sketch.. Very inspiring...

Stacy said...

Here's a note to add - I've done another card based on the sketch, it's so inspiring!

Thanks for the lovely comments and also to the DTs for producing such creative and inspiring works!

http://doraecyscraps.blogspot.com/2010/10/more-easel-notepad-cards.html