Monday, March 21, 2011

Mimi

Mimi by Kathy Skou




Supplies Used
Paper
Echo Park For the Record: Picket Fence, Fancy Floral, Table Cloth, Red/Cream Solid, Green/Green solid

Trim
Maya Road Yellow Ruffle Edge Trim

Embellishments
Echo Park For the Record Alpha Stickers, Maya Road Zipper Trim, Maya Road mini canvas banner, Petaloo Dragon fly

Hi Everyone!

I'm so excited to be here with my first post for the LCOM Marketing Team!! I was so lucky to get to work with Echo Park's For the Record. This is a fabulous collection. The colors are "retro" which I LOVE!! I thought they coordinated perfectly with this picture of my mother and daughter I found from last summer.

With names like tablecloth and fancy floral, I felt I couldn't do a layout without stitching!! I also had a lot of fun with the embellishments. The flowers were made by adding some scoring tape to the zipper trims and winding them around.



The Maya Yellow Ruffle trim was perfect for a banner topper and the Alpha letters fit perfectly on the pennants!


To complete, a friend found the cutest little dragon fly, which matched my mom's shirt. I spritzed him for color and hand stitched the little swirl.



That's it for today, I'll be back next week with a new layout using Echo Park's For the Record. Stop by LCOM today to peek at all of the fun papers and embellishments from this line!


Kathy



6 comments:

Lynn K said...

Great layout Kathy !! Love the zipper flowers, all the stitching and, of course, the dragonfly !!

stephanie patterson said...

Great job! Looks awesome. The zipper flowers are fantastic.

Nicole Nowosad said...

great project Kathy!

Anita said...

So pretty Kathy.

KrissyClarkMcKee said...

LOVE this! What a great idea for your flowers!!!

JoanneK said...

Gorgeous!!!! I really love the banner!