Thursday, April 28, 2011

Some More Ad-Libbing

Hi Everyone,
I'm back with a fun mini-album using Bo Bunny's FABULOUS Ad Lib Line! A couple of months ago, my daughter was given an assignment in her art class to design a flag for Youth Art Month, which is a nationally recognized program here in the U.S. Much to our surprise, her flag design was chosen to represent the State of Massachusetts! We were so excited! It was a whirlwind of ceremonies, letters of congratulations all culminating in a trip to Washington, DC for the flag raising ceremony with the other state winners. She was also invited to meet with a Congressman and a Senator from Massachusetts! It was such an exciting time that I had to capture it all in a mini album, and the Ad Lib colors and embellishments were a perfect background!

I started out with a 6x12 canvas album from Prima's Donna Downey Line. I painted the canvas pages of the album and added the ribbon trim to coordinate with the Ad Lib Papers. I also scanned her flag design to make it part of the cover.

I decided to keep the pictures black and white since the papers were so colorful. I used the clear inserts of the album to hold newspaper articles and envelopes I made to hold all of the letters, invitations and ceremony booklets.

She even made the local newspaper!



There were so many keepsakes, I decided to make envelopes to hold them all!




Does anyone recognize that flower embellishment??


This envelope holds the congratulatory letters she received from state and town officials.



It really was an experience to remember! I've listed my supplies below. Make sure to check out LCOM for all of the wonderful Ad Lib goodies soon!

Supplies Used:
Ad Lib Collection Pack
Ad Lib Buttons
Prima Donna Downy Canvas Album
Chipboard, Rub-ons, Dimensional Stickers and ribbon: Bo Bunny Ad Lib
Cardstock: Bo Bunny Double Dot: Mint, Sunflower, Ocean; Double Dot Ledger: wild berry
Stamps: SU Spunky Alpha Stamps, MFT Typewriter alpha
Banner Die: MFT Fishtail Banner
Twine: Karen Foster
Paint: Adirondack Dabbers in Lemonade, Pool, Aqua; Jenni Bowlin for Ranger in stick candy and cough syrup.
Brads: SU

4 comments:

Kristine Davidson said...

Kathy this is fabulous!!!!

Nicole Nowosad said...

Super great album Kathy!!! Love that paper!

Brittney said...

This is adorable, and those envelopes are a great idea!

Gisèle said...

awesome work:-))