Friday, April 8, 2011

Splash Into Summer with Cosmo Cricket


Supplies:
Papers - Cosmo Cricket Salt Air Collection Kit
Foam Thickers - Yellow
Cosmo Cricket Tiny Type Letters - Red and Yellow
K and Company Embossed Alphabet Stickers
Stickles - Rock Candy
4 Brads
Red Twine
White Permanent Marker

Spring is here, and my thoughts have turned to sunshine and warmer weather that is just around the corner! So, when I saw Cosmo Cricket's Salt Air Collection, it was like a breath of balmy fresh air! I couldn't wait to get my hands on it and dig out some beach pictures to get me in the summertime spirit (just a couple of months early)!

I absolutely love this collection of papers! Not only does it have all the blues and greens that are typically associated with "beachy" layouts, but it also includes a wonderful assortment of citrusy oranges, yellows and reds making the Salt Air Collection sooooo versatile. I could see myself using these papers over and over again to scrap everything from a day at the beach to family picnics to my hubby's long, lazy naps in the hammock!

Like my fellow Marketing Team member, Zoe Nemburt, I LOVE to layer my papers, and Cosmo Cricket makes it so easy to do just that with all its wonderfully coordinated papers! I also really enjoy fussy-cutting, and there were so many cute images to choose from I actually had a hard time narrowing down my choices! This little guy in a boat was perfect to place on my "waves" of water.


How do you like my splashes of water? They were actually quite easy to make. I just used this piece of paper from the Salt Air Collection:


I cut out the pieces to two of the "splashes" and placed each piece on my layout in the same arrangement as on the paper. I outlined each piece with a white marker and then coated the pieces with Stickles from my supplies. To further give an illusion of movement, I placed pop dots under several pieces of the "splash" for an end result of this:


If you want a fun, playful collection of papers with lots of deliciously bright colors and patterns, Salt Air is definitely for you! I am already working on my next project and can't wait to show you what else I come up with! Until then, the STORE has all sorts of fantastic goodies for you to check out such as Glitz Designs, Pink Paislee, Lily Bee Designs, and much, much more!

8 comments:

Zoe said...

WOW Krissy this layout is so much fun!!! totally awesome.

Kathy Skou said...

What a fun LO... LOve the splashes!

Brittney said...

I love this. The "fussy cutting" is fabulous!

Gisèle said...

such a fun LO:-))

Nicole Nowosad said...

Fun page Krissy!!

Tanya said...

Looks awesome!

Kristine Davidson said...

love those waves!! cool ;-)

Monique said...

Awesome! Awesome LO! Love this!