Monday, May 16, 2011

BFF

BFF
Krissy Clark McKee


Warm spring weather means that our family is outside more, which leaves less time for scrapbooking; however, that problem is easily resolved simply by combining the great sketches found here at Let's Capture Our Memories along with the wonderfully coordinated Pink Paislee papers and embellishments from the LCOM STORE!

For my project, I started with Sketch #79, found at the LCOM Sketch Blog. It's actually several weeks old, but it seemed to fit my very cute, very colorful Pink Paislee Hometown Summer papers.

I chose plain kraft paper as my background so that it would further set off the bright greens, pinks and yellows of the patterned cardstock in the Hometown Summer collection. The different patterns and colors all coordinate so well together that you may have a hard time narrowing your choices!!!

I used this sheet of paper (called Summer Fun)to create my banner-style title:


I simply cut out the appropriate squares to spell out my title and then used a piercing tool to make holes so that my baker's twine could be threaded through.

Pretty cute and so quick and easy to do!


The adorable orange soda card and the sun and cloud were both included in the Die Cut Pieces pack. They perfectly compliment the Pink Paislee papers!


I adhered pop dots to the back of my orange soda card and sewed around the border so as to make it stand out even more.

The Hometown Summer papers are sooooo cute, I even used them to make my flowers!


Stay tuned until next week when I will be back with another Pink Paislee project. Until then, check out all the wonderful spring goodies LCOM is getting in its STORE each week!!!

Supplies

Paper - Pink Paislee Hometown Summer Collection (Fruit Stand, Green Acres, Neighborhood Pool, Summer Fun); Kraft Paper Card Stock
Pink Paislee Hometown Summer Die Cut Pieces
Baker's Twine
Two medium-sized brads, four small brads
Punches (for flowers)
Pop Dots

3 comments:

Kathy Skou said...

Krissy, this layout is adorable... love those flowers!

Brittney said...

So cute - love how you did your title!

Tanya said...

SUPER sweet!!! These papers are yummy! fabulous work girl!