Tuesday, July 19, 2011

5 & Dime Mini-Album Fun!

By Krissy Clark McKee

Do you love the look of mini-albums but think they are too hard or time consuming to make? If that's the case, you have GOT to get October Afternoon's Mini-Album kit. It comes with four board shapes and pre-cut paper from the 5 & Dime collection so all you have to do is decide which paper you like best and glue it on!

The 5 & Dime Collection has a great vintage feel to it so I decided my album would focus on a few of my favorite pictures and memories from my family's past.


I didn't want to worry about where I would fit my journaling on each page so I created journaling inserts to go with each page by using the 12 x 12 Shape Stickers and cards found in the Miscellany Kit from the collection.

I added buttons and images cut from the 5 & Dime Root Beer Barrels paper along with the Word Stickers and Image Rubons, which were the perfect embellishments. A few Prima swirls, a stick pin or two and some Jillibean Soup corrugated frames and flowers, and I had a mini-album that I wanted to carry around with me and show off to EVERYONE! See how cute October Afternoon made my pages look?


This is what the page looks like with the journaling tag in front of it:

And this is what the tag and the page look like individually. As you can see, the tag started out as a card from the Miscellany Kit. I simply hole punched it, painted it with crackle paint to give it an aged appearance, added paper for journaling on the back and as many cute embellies as it could hold!

I repeated the same process each time:


And here are a couple more pictures of the front and back of my journaling card inserts - so easy to make, and this method let me use even MORE buttons, rub-ons and other ephemera - always a good thing!


I hope you have enjoyed looking at my mini-album as much as I have enjoyed making it. It was incredibly easy and so much fun! And right now, the LCOM STORE has given you even MORE options because Kristine Davidson has taken all the fun October Afternoon supplies and created a complete KIT available for pre-order! So head over to the STORE and get started on your own mini-album today - it's just a mouse-click away!


Products Used
October Afternoon Mini-Album Kit
5 & Dime Shape Stickers
5 & Dime Miscellany Kit
5 & Dime Word Stickers
5 & Dime Image Rubons
5 & Dime Buttons
October Afternoon Mini Market Alphas
5 & Dime Patterned Paper - Root Beer Barrels
Stick Pins
Prima Swirls
Jillibean Soup Corrugate Frames and Flowers
Tim Holtz Crackle Pain - Rock Candy
Charm
Brads

6 comments:

Kathy Skou said...

Beautiful Krissy... love all the details!

Unknown said...

Adorable mini! Love OA's 5 and dime and their chip albums always come in such great shapes. Love how you decorated your and your fab idea to have the journaling on sep inserts. TFS!

Nicolle Kramer said...

What a sweet tag album! Love all the elements!..:)

Michelle said...

This is beautiful! What great inspiration!

Nicole Nowosad said...

love this krissy!!

Debeez Designs said...

Lovely work Krissy I love the vintage papers and all the details you put onto it - you have inspired me to dig out my collection that are stashed in a box to see what I can do with them.