Friday, September 30, 2011

A Different Kind of Mini-Album

By Krissy Clark McKee


If you recall, I somehow managed to convince the Powers-That-Be at the STORE to let me showcase a little bit of everything this month. In addition to the KaiserCraft and Pretty Little Studio goodies they sent which I showed you earlier this month, I also received papers from Glitz Design and items from 7 Gypsies, including 7 Gypsies Binderie Ephemera.

At first I wasn't quite sure what I wanted to do with the gorgeous cards included in the Ephemera pack other than to ooh and ahh over them; however, the more I looked at them, the more I felt compelled to make a mini-album. I've been looking at various art and travel journals lately, and I wanted my mini-album to have a little bit of an eclectic feel to it - as if it had been pieced together over time. And since the cards in the ephemera pack all had a travel theme, I decided that my mini-album would feature some of my favorite adventures over the past few years.

My improvised mini-album was so easy to make. I simply hole-punched the cards and added a couple of binder rings. I used my wonderful Glitz Design papers and a whole lot of odds and ends left over from past purchases that were perfect for my album.

I didn't have quite enough cards in my ephemera pack so I added a few flash cards from Pink Paislee's Daily Junque Collection that I purchased from the LCOM STORE earlier this spring. Since the style was essentially the same and I didn't want a "perfectly put together" look, I thought the two collections worked well together.

I just traced the paper out that I wanted to use on the back of each card. The cards in the ephemera pack are definitely sturdy enough to hold the paper and any buttons, brads or other trinkets.

I created pockets to hold my journaling tags by sewing three sides of my pictures or on the cards which I occasionally layered on top of each other.

I used more of those sweet banner pieces by Pretty Little Studio to accent the edges of some of my pages.

I added a few left-over Tim Holtz embellishments, too...




The end...

I'll be back next month. Until then, go check out the great goodies the STORE has gotten in, including three new collections by Studio Calico, and challenge yourself to see if you can use those items in a slightly different way!

Productes Used:
Glitz Design Laced with Grace Collection
Pretty Little Studio - Antique Mini Bunting Flags, Home Spun Lemon Sliced Garland Flags, Mini Bingo Vintage Flash Cards, Mini Bunting Flags
7 Gypsies Apothecary Collection - Vintage Stickers
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Chain Tassels
Tim Holtz Key
My Mind's Eye Brads - Stella and Rose Collection
Bo Bunny Brads
Pink Paislee Daily Junque Ephemera
Prima Say It in Crystals Flourishes
Doodlebug Gemstones
7 Gypsies Gaffer Tape
7 Gypsies Binder Rings
Small Star Punch
Ribbon

5 comments:

Kathy Skou said...

WOW!! This is amazing...love all of the little odds and ends!

Nicolle Kramer said...

Gorgeous mini album!Love all the bits and pieces!..:)

Tanya said...

WOW WOW WOW!! Did I mention WOW?! This is jam packed full of inspiring goodies!! fabulous job girl!

Gisèle said...

Fantastic mini!!! Love it:))

Unknown said...

Fab mini! Love all the details. TFS!