Friday, September 9, 2011

It's Back to School Time

Junior High
Krissy Clark McKee

I had the hardest time deciding what products I wanted to work with and show you for the month of September! Instead of spending waaay too much time going back and forth between different product lines, I decided to choose goodies from several of my favorites so be prepared for something a little different from me each time you see me this month!

One collection that kept drawing my eye was KaiserCraft's Class of '87. I love the vibrant papers that have terrific graphics which are versatile enough to work for any school-themed layout, including this one of my daughter's first day of junior high (when she was giggling too hard to let me take a decent picture). I had so much fun cutting out the crossword paper and fussy-cutting the little circle sentiments.

The tags used for my title were cut from yet another sheet; the front of the paper has a tag with each letter of the alphabet and lines for journaling and the back has each letter with a coordinating picture - there are so many things you could do with them! I added pop dots to the backs of my circles and title tags to provide extra dimension to my layout.

I also thought the "Six" pennant which I handcut from one of the Class of '87 pages went really well with the Pretty Little Studio bunting flags I found in the STORE, so I sewed them all together on my layout and added buttons as decorative accents.

Speaking of the STORE, have you visited lately? There are so many wonderful new shipments that have come in, including the new Crate Paper, Jillibean Soup, and October Afternoon Collections! If you are even a little like me, you won't be able to pick just one!

Products Used:
KaiserCraft Class of '87 Collection: Excursion, Science Project, Show & Tell, Sports Day
Pretty Little Studio - Simplicity Mini Bunting Tags
Buttons
Border Punch
October Afternoon Mini Alphas
October Afternoon Mist
Kraft Cardstock

5 comments:

Kathy Skou said...

Love how you mixed it up! Great page!

nicollelovesscrapbooking.blogspot.com said...

Pretty LO! Love all the bright colors and design.:)

Nicole Nowosad said...

that is such a fun page!

Tanya said...

love this! love how you made the school banner on top ! awesome!

Unknown said...

Great page! Love the fun titleword and banner. TFS!