It's Kate here today, sharing my last April layout with the oh so lovely Miss Caroline collection from My Mind's Eye.
I had a lot of fun creating this layout of my oldest daughter when she was a baby. We used to go to a class called 'Diaper Fit' at one of the community pools and they have these really cool giant rubber ducks that the babies float around in while the moms do water aerobics. I don't think that the water aerobics did much for me, but my daughter loved it and she looked adorable in her ducky.
I did a ton of machine stitching on this layout - it's a bit of an obssession of mine lately. I fussy cut the flowers out of Miss Caroline - Dilly Dally - Best Vines paper and layered them on top of each other with 3D Foam Squares from Scrapbook Adhesives.
I could not, for the life of me, find just the right colour alphabet stickers that were the right font and size to go with my layout. So I grabbed some black chipboard ones that I had lying around and I painted them red with acrylic paint. Easy to do, and it's a great way to get just the right shade.
- Papers - My Mind's Eye, Miss Caroline - Dilly Dally: Celebrate Tickets, Adventures Record, Curious Petals and Hello Flannel, Best Vines
- My Mind's Eye Miss Caroline Dilly Dally layered stickers
- Alphabet stickers by American Crafts
- Brads and pins by My Minds Eye
- Duck buttons by Dress It Up
- Twine by My Minds Eye, these ones by The Twinery are far superior though.
- Ribbon by May Arts
- Acrylic paint by Liquitex
- Adhesives: 3D Foam Squares from Scrapbook Adhesives, Scotch ATG adhesive, Helmar 450 Quick Dry Glue and Helmar Scrap Dots.
- Pen by Staedtler
- Cute baby by Kate and Mark Vickers
- Other: thread