Saturday, September 29, 2012

Crate Paper Pretty Party Mini Book

Hi everyone! It's Kate Vickers here today.

I did another mini book this month! It's a record for me. I don't do a lot of minis. The Smash book that I did earlier in the month was purposefully done, but this one just happened. Do you ever find that you change your mind about a project a million times before finally settling on a game plan? That's what happened here.

First, I started out to make a single page layout, my usual favourite type of project. I had too many pictures though. So, then I thought that I would do a double layout, but I haven't done one in so long that I just didn't know where to start and how to layout it out well. Then, I started out doing a single page layout with hidden pictures in a mini-book-on-a-page type idea, but it got too bulky and it turned into this mini book. Anyway, I'm rambling...I hope you like it! I rather like how it turned out.

I used this gorgeous new ruffled trim from Maya Road on the cover. I misted mine to make it a bit darker. It comes in a very pretty soft pink and a very versatile antiqued colour.

Front Cover Crate Paper Mini Book

Here are the first two inner pages. I used a small kraft bag to contain my journalling card. The doilies and the pages were die cut out of 12 X 12 patterned paper with my Silhouette Cameo.

Sleep over page

I used a lot of the Pretty Party chipboard on this project. I placed pictures of our cupcakes on top of the chipboard cake stand. A lot of the stickers on this project were left over from Crate's Emma's Shoppe line. I love that you can mix their lines like this.

Let Them Eat Cupcakes Page

I asked my daughter to write down all of her favourite moments from the party and then I copied them out on little strips of paper and added them to the last page of the mini book. My title was done with my Cameo as were the 1, 2 and 3 die cuts. I added epoxies from Epiphany Crafts on top of the die cuts for some interest.

favourite moments page

Finally, here's the back of the book. I didn't want to leave it plain, so I added a half of a left over doily from an earlier page and an accent cut paper.

back page

Supplies: Crate Paper papers, stickers and chipboard, trim by Maya Road, ribbons by Mokuba and Hug Snug, stamps by Stampin' Up and Hampton Art, Silhouette Cameo, Epiphany Crafts epoxies and tools, wood die cut by Kaiser Craft, cork by Lifestyle Crafts, twine by May Arts, alphabet stickers and die cut by Sassafras, mists by Ranger, thread by Coats & Clark.

Thanks for dropping by! As always, I would love to hear your thoughts about my project.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Love the girlyness of this!!!