Monday, September 10, 2012

Mini Album month!

All through September the Marketing Team will be sharing mini-albums with goodies from the LCOM store!

Today, I am sharing a book I made using some Basic Grey Clippings & Paper Cottage, using this cute little mini found in the store by Basically Bare:


I have to admit that I have trouble with minis... EEK! Yes, I have a hard time .. I am not sure why, but this time I took it one step at a time. I decided on a theme and used a bunch of my duplicate instagram photos from this summer and went with it!

For my cover, I cut a chevron paper from my Silhouette Cameo and used it as a mask for a paint dauber and left the cover neutral, but using the cream paint and the kraft base of the album. I added a small title and some embellishments to quickly pull the cover together: 


I did the same thing to the back of the book with a skinnier chevron:

One little tip I would have for you - when making a project like this - try to tie the album together by using one item throughout the album to unify it. It can be a colour, shape or product. 
I chose to use some droplets throughout as above with Glimmer Glaze

Here are a bunch of photos to show the album! You will see how great the 2 Basic Grey lines work together and have some great stickers, & embellies to document your photos - sorry, there are a lot of pics :

You will see that I used some of the Clippings Garlands instead of paper - I left my book bare as I love the neutral kraft background - it matches basically anything!


You will see here that I have a bit more paint masking going on. I rubbed a bit of mist over the top to make it a different texture for the background :)
One cool thing about this album is that it has acrylic tabs inside too! I just swiped some cream paint along each of them, let them dry and used some old school Heidi Swapp rub ons for little titles" 
I used a lot of these garlands throughout the book too. A fun way to add patterns and movement: 
Elle's Studio tags are PERFECT for minis - stock up! There are a good variety in the store.

 I just added a few stickers from Basic Grey to finish off the page:
a few final pages mixing up the papers from the lines:

 I picked up some Jenni Bowlin chipboard tags and added them in with more of the garland:

 ... and that's it!!!

I hope you will come back throughout the month while the rest of the MT shares some great mini album ideas for you - and other amazing creations too!

While you are waiting... why not check out all the new Echo Park that is listed and ready to go!!
Chillingsworth, For the Record 2 and So Happy Together!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Your album is amazing!!!!!!!!