Monday, August 12, 2013

Meet the new Sketch Design Team!

Hello!

Today you get to meet the new and not so new team members!!  I'm excited about this term!  We have some fabulous ladies on the team and I can't wait for them to share all their beautiful creations with you every Saturday!!

Please help me welcome them!

Ashley Hamm
I'm Ashley and I've been scrapbooking since I was 16. I've met some awesome people in the scrapbooking community and I'm grateful to have the opportunity to work with the LCOM group! Over the years I've been blessed to have my work published in print and online. Aside of crafting, my other hobbies are reading and jogging. My boyfriend and I adopted a black Lab, Bentley, who is about 2.5 years old and he also keeps us busy. I've been a registered nurse for five years and I'm lucky to be able to work (mostly) part time. I want to thank Isabelle for this opportunity and I can't wait to meet all of you! 


Gisèle Julien
Gisèle Julien taught in New Brunswick for 32 years and has been retired since June 2007.As her 1st trip after retirement, she took a scrapbooking cruise to the Caribbean. Scrapbooking has taken over her passion to create and to preserve family memories. It has been a big part of who she is since 2005 when this craft was introduce to her by a colleague. She has always been involved in crafts of some kind so this has fed her creativity.


Jocelyne Roy
 My name is Jocelyne and I'm a scrapaholic... I'm also Maman to two beautiful, very intelligent daughters and wife to the love of my life and best friend. I am biology by trade but decided to put my career on hold in order stay at home with my girls.  My scrapbooking addiction started about 9 years ago when my mom introduced me to it not long after my first daughter was born. At first it was an excuse to get me out of the house and occupy my time when I was on maternity leave but it quickly turned into my sanity saver. I'm never as calm as when I'm cutting paper, stamping, and gluing pictures and pretty embellishments to layouts. I love the social aspect of it too and love all the friends I made in the scrapbooking community. But most of all, I love how my girls get to flip through the scrapbooks I made over the years and know the stories behind the pictures.


Shirley Mijares Mascarina
Greetings everyone, I’m Shirley Mijares Mascarina (a.k.a. Probyte) from Philippines but currently based in British Columbia, Canada as a caregiver. Scrapbooking is one of my childhood passions. Remember all the good old tricks: paper tearing, stamping with flowers and vegetables, dried leaves, clips from magazines and newspapers for embellishments? Those are some of my faves when I was a kid and even now. But all these things was put on hold when I worked overseas, for over 10 years. When I moved to Canada last year, I found my first love again! I have no particular scrapping style. I love to try everything from paper to fibers, pens to paints, traditional to contemporary, trash to treasure. But my page is not complete without any of these three - spray ink, ink pads and paints. To be featured and be on spotlight in different clubs and sites is a blessing but to be on print is something. One of my page was published in the Canadian Scrapbooker Winter Issue 2012 and in their upcoming Fall 2013 Issue. I am so excited and grateful to be part of this team. I can’t wait to share my works with you, to give inspiration and be inspired by you. To know more about me, please feel free to visit my blog. Thank you and see you around!



Shirley Tait
Hi My name is Shirley Tait and I live in sunny Queensland, Australia with my wonderfully supportive hubby of nearly 20 years and my gorgeous children aged 16, 13 & 11 years.  I started card making and scrapbooking a decade ago when a friend held a party for a crafty company and I haven't looked back.  At the time we were living in a small country town & there were no scrapbooking stores close by so I consider myself to be self taught with no particular style.  Whilst I do like lumpy bumpy pages when both making cards & layouts I also like simple, clear cut lines as well.  I am hopelessly addicted to all things involving bling or glitz as well as flowers and I also have a small fascination with Magnolia stamps.  I love spending as much time as I can in my craft room creating and whilst my main loves are definitely card making & scrapbooking I have dabbled in ATC's and do enjoy making the occasional OTP as well.  I am tickled pink to be joining the  wonderfully talented ladies at LCOM again for another term.


Tarah Demerchant
I have scrapbooked for over 8 years; which corresponds with when I got married (We have been together 18 years total).  I started in order to do our wedding book but still haven't gotten around to it...lol.  I have a much better focal point now....our 4 year old who surprises me with new and sassy things daily. Within the last couple of years I have lost sight in my right eye and partial in my left.  I have recently decided to do some design team work as I have not done any in a very long time.  Presently,  I am also focusing on challenges for Maritime Craft Challenges.  I am a guest designer for Beccy's Place and Chichi Memories.  I am a Design
Team Member for Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge and now, LCOM!!  I look forward to learning loads from the talent here at LCOM :) 


Thank you ladies!!  You'll find these fabulous ladies design work first thing in September!! 

Happy Monday!

5 comments:

Ashley H said...

Welcome to the new ladies!

Welcome back to the old ladies!

Excited to be working with you guys:)

Gisèle said...

Welcome everyone and we are going to have a blast together :)

Lee-Anne said...

Congratulations ladies!

len said...

Thank you and congratulations to all! I am honored to be part of this team and looking forward to work with everyone!

Tarah DeMerchant said...

Hello to everyone. Congrats on coming back and to us newbies lets have fun!