Thursday, February 27, 2014

Product Shuffle : Washi Tape

Ok, I've got to be honest here.  I never got the whole buzz about Washi tape.  I had a few rolls, I used them in a few layout as a trim or on a corner of a picture here an there, but I never understood why some of my friends just had to have bags full of them. 
I was nervous when given this assignment, I had my package of Washi tape on the corner of my scrapbooking table just staring at me, taunting me.  So here I go, try to use the Washi tape in a whole new way. 
The first technique I used was masking.  Since Washi tape is repositionable, it was easy to use as a mask.  I simply tore off different lengths and placed several strips on my cardstock.  I them spread a generous amount of CTMH  Create-a-shade pearl paint with a brush over the tape and let dry.  Once dried I just peeled the tape off, revealing stripes on my cardstock

I then took chipboard shapes and covered them in Washi tape.  I had a Maya Road polaroid frame and I used the square from inside the frame and covered 3 of them in different Washi tape patterns.  I also used a CTMH chipboard tag. 
And just for good measure, I also used the Washi tape in the traditional way I usually use them : a small strip on the corner of my pictures like this :
And here is the finished layout
It was so much fun!  I was amazed at how versatile Washi tape can be.  The Washi tape I used is the gorgeous My Mind's Eye's  My Girl decorative tape.  I then used leftovers I had from different collections such as Pink Paislee's Secret Crush paper, Bo Bunny's Zip-A-Dee-Doodle stickers, Cosmo Cricket's Sweet Disposition paper, stickers and chipboard alphabet  (Check out the banner:  I simply adore them!  double sided so you can either use the plain side of the side with a letter!).  To complete the layout I then added Prima and Maya Road flowers and a butterfly, CTMH hemp, and the very cute Fancy Pants' Be Loved buttons.
I hope you liked my take on Washi tape use.  If you have other ways to use it, please comment below and let us know how you use it. 


6 comments:

Michelle said...

Fabulous LO Jocelyne! Great ways to use the washi!

Aurelie said...

Love that photo frame covered in washi!! Gotta do that sometime!!

Isabelle said...

I love what you did with your background! Totally awesome!!

Nathalie Thibault Jones said...

Awesome layout Jocelyne! Really like these ideas!

Jackie said...

Love what you have done with the tape!!! Like you I did have some...even made my own...but don't really know what others see in it!!! I probably use ribbons...which I love...in similar places!!!

Gisèle said...

Wonderful LO :)
I too have used washi on cardstock then punched it out!