Thursday, May 15, 2014

Product Shuffle - Die cuts and 3X4 cards

Do you sometimes buy a product that looks pretty on the rack but you struggle with how you would use it?  This was my feeling with die cut packs and 3X4 cards.  I have not jumped into the Project Life pool yet and other than using the die cuts as an accent piece or a card as a journaling tag, I was at a loss on how to use them.

So this was my state of mind when I opened up this pack of My Mind's Eye Mixed Bag.

 

and the matching  pack of 3X4 cards from the same Now and Then collection by My Mind's Eye.


I put on my thinking cap, spread out the goodies on my scrapbooking table and tried to figure out how to use them in a different way. So instead of accent pieces, I took those beautiful cards and the die cuts and I placed them front and center on greeting cards!  All I had to add was a few scraps of paper that was left over after the last 2 assignments, a few enamel shapes and some alphas and it was that easy!

The Now and Then collection was perfect for so many occasions.  I made an invitation.


 Here is a "Bon Voyage!" card.  You could use it for anyone leaving on a trip or even for college or university.


When I made this card I was thinking of a friend who had a baby girl.  I really love how shiny this card is.


This card is so fun!  I put a "Thank You" on this one, but it could easily be "Happy Birthday" too.


You have heard of having the memory of an elephant?  This card was the easiest to make.  To me the die cut belonged on this card!


I hope you liked my spin on the die cuts and 3X4 cards.  These packs are a lot more versatile than I had first imagined.  I will definitely dig out my other die cut packs and find a way to use them.  How do you use your die cuts and 3X4 cards?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks Jocelyne I like this idea to use the die cuts and 3X4 cards
I not into the Project life yet either but after see this in the blog I will try .

Anonymous said...

Wow, these are all beautiful .. lots of love the the shiny card! The gold and multi-colour combo pops! ~ Brande

Unknown said...

Cool ideas! Thanks for sharing!!

Gisèle said...

Yes cool!!