Thursday, June 19, 2014

Product Shuffle : Metallic paper

One of the most trendy crafting item today is the metallic paper.  They are featured in many collections including Pink Paislee's Luxe (a real bargan at 40% off for this week only!!!).  They are stunning and add so much to any crafting project.
This week I played with the As You Wish collection by Fancy Pants.
This collection features the new foil paper.  I tried to think of different ways to incoporate this gorgeous shining paper onto my project.  It was intimidating at first, but I just love the finished product.   I am going to have to stock up on it!
First thing I did was plug in my Cricut machine and make a few die cuts.  I used a CTMH cricut cartidge to cut out words and flower doilies. 
Another technique I used was fringing.  I cut a two inch strip of paper and with the help of scisors I cut slits at a quarter inch intervals going almost to the edge of the paper.  It gives great texture to the paper.  I also ruffled a one inch strip and glued it on top of the fringe. 

I then added stickers,  Recollections flowers and few fussy cut flowers around my picture.
To finish, I added Zva sparkles and some Tattered Angels Oil Slick.
And there you have it!  So very easy and it gives such a statement to the layout.  I hope you like it too!

Have an awesome  day and don't forget to check out the amazing bargains over at the LCOM store! 

No comments: