Monday, August 18, 2014

Inspiration Station - Here's Missy!

Hello, everyone! Aurelie here to share some inspiration with you all. I thought I would change it up a bit this week and have a special guest. Exciting, eh? I know! Can I have a drumroll, please? ... ;) TADA!


Hi there, scrappers!  My name is Missy Whidden, and I’m from Florida.  I started scrapping about eight years ago.  My mother-in-law asked me to help her make a baby book for my husband just before our first daughter was born.  I was instantly hooked!  My style has really changed since using just stickers and deco scissors, although those were very cool back then!  I love incorporating mixed media into my scrapbook pages, especially watercolors.  I love working with die cuts and patterned paper.  Honestly, I’ve never met a scrappy supply I didn’t love.  I currently design for My Mind’s Eye, Chickaniddy Crafts, My Scraps & More and Creative Scrappers.  I love scrapping for the creative aspect, but it’s also therapeutic for me.  I love working with photos of my family and friends, and I hope my work somehow inspires others to create something awesome!  Thank so you so much for having me!

No problem, Missy! The pleasure is all ours!! Yes, Missy Whidden has been a favourite scrapper of mine for a few years now. I have always been drawn to her bright colours, her funky way of adding mixed media to her designs... and what can I say? She is a layering and embellishment placement guru! Her style is so distinct! I can always spot a Missy layout a mile around. Love it!

So you can imagine how excited I got when I found out that she had been called to be a member of the My Mind's Eye design team. I mean, a favourite designer with a favourite manufacturer - who could ask for anything more? :) And ever since, she has been creating tons of MME eye-candy. Lately, she's been busy revealing her designs using the MME Market Street collections. Both Ashbury Heights and Nob Hill collections are some of my recent favourites - the gold foil throughout is absolutely A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!! So, in no particular order, here are some of Missy's layouts with all this fabulousness:

MME - Product Spotlight - Market Street Chipboard Elements
MME - Pie Chart Scrapbook Layout by Missy for MME




MME - Product Spotlight - Market Street 3X4 Cards
Arent't they mind-blowing? Who can't be inspired when seeing these layouts?! Love, love, LOVE them!! If you'd like to be inspired some more by Missy, please head on over to her own blog right here and/or visit her online gallery right here.

And guess what? You can find these amazing MME products over at the LCOM store right now! GO! ;) For the Ashbury Heights, click here. And for the Nob Hill, click here. This is so much fun - I'm making it super easy for you to get your hands on these amazing products! LOVE it!

A big shout out to Missy who so graciously accepted to be featured in today's LCOM Inspiration Station instalment. We are so very grateful to you, Missy. You are a continuous source of inspiration for me and for countless other scrappers! Thanks a bunch of bunches for all that you share!

Happy scrapping!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

These are all amazing! I have had a scrappy crush on Missy for years!!!

Gisèle said...

Holy moly, these are awesome :) tks for sharing :)

Missy Whidden said...

Thank you so much for having me! It was a huge honor. I'm blushing from all the great compliments...thank you SO MUCH!

Beatrice Lawson said...

Wow Missy, your layouts are ah-mazing! Love these new collections, and the gold foil touches are super brilliant.