Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Inspiration Station - Getting back into the scrap of things!

Hello, everyone! Aurelie here with another instalment of Let's Capture Our Memories Inspiration Station feature - where I try to inspire you by being inspired. Having a fabulous September so far? This is truly, truly, TRULY my favourite time of the year. It's like everything is new again. And for me, this September is truly that - full of newness! One week ago today, I returned to work after a year-long maternity leave. YIKES! And scrappywise, I needed to get back into the swing of things, too! Over the Summer months, I would actually sometimes look at my scrappy stash and try to convince myself to get scrappin', but it just wouldn't work. But then, September came rolling by, I started a new routine, and boom!, on Sunday, I saw a new sketch over at Creative Scrappers and thought to myself, "Bingo!" That's just what I needed. A great sketch to get the creatives juices flowing again. And here it is - the awesome sketch that got my mojo working again, by Jenny Evans:



And yes, of course, I just had to flip it to its side, making it look like this:


And here is my finished product, done in less than two hours from start to finish (after a scrappy slump, I'd say that's pretty darn good!):


Used tons and tons of Echo Park's Head over Heels collection on this one (patterned paper, alpha stickers and element stickers) as well as some Tattered Angels Glimmer Glaze, American Crafts Thickers, Studio Calico wood veneer hearts, Stampin' Up silver-foiled paper, Making Memories staples, DMC floss, and be still my beating heart, washi tape from Lord knows where! ;) And for those of you who know me, did you notice anything? No journalling and no stitching! The photo of my niece with my daughter said it all, really, and the element stickers along with the title were just perfect in explaining the sentiment. Didn't see the need to say anything more... WOW! A new routine is right!! ;)

So that's that! It was so great to get scrapping again!! Can't wait to do it again!!!

Oh! And now, with a new routine at home and at work, instead of seeing me every week, I'll be trying to inspire you every 10th of the month. But, no worries! New fun things will be happening on the LCOM blog - you'll just have to visit some more to find out! Hee!Hee! Nice way to keep you on your scrappy toes, eh? Hee!Hee!

Happy scrapping to YOU!

2 comments:

Gisèle said...

Beautiful :)

Beatrice Lawson said...

Beautiful page as usual!! Have not been on the CS blog in ages... must visit!