Sunday, May 10, 2015

Inspiration Station - Pie-Charts

Hello, hello! And a very Happy Mother's Day to all of you - mothers of children and pets, aunts and grandmothers, and role models. Aurelie here today for another bout of Let's Capture Our Memories' Inspiration Station - where I aim to inspire by being inspired. For a good three years now if not more, we've seen pie-charts become a true go-to scrappy staple. And I truly believe that Canadian scrapbooking guru Nicole Nowosad is the scrappy pie-chart pioneer, integrating them in all kinds of ways on her layouts since the hey days of pie-charts. Here are a few of my favourite of hers:


She even integrated some in the most recent LCOM Color Spot:


But this next pie-chart design of hers, designed for Jillibean Soup, is my all-time favourite:


As soon as I saw that layout, I K-N-E-W that it was THE pie-chart design that was going to inspire me to give pie-charts a go. With that in mind, when the time came to prepare for this reveal, I asked Nicole for her blessing (she said yes! Hee!Hee!) and off I went in my scrapcave to start prepping my design. And here it is:


Set on a Cosmo Cricket patterned paper, I made my pie-charts using my Silhouette, some Stampin' Up cardstock and the new Simple Stories collection (6X6 paper pad, stickers, chipboard frames, cardstock die-cuts, and chipboard stickers). I then hand-stitched them using a Close to My Heart stitching template and some DMC floss. I also used some Christy Tomlinson by Pink Paislee rubons, Elizabeth Craft Designs peel-off stickers, Basic Grey, Heidi Swapp and Pink Paislee alphas, American Crafts cork butterfly, a resin butterfly given to me by fellow LCOM designer Jocelyne Roy (thanks, Jocelyne!), and some good ol' Tattered Angels Glimmer Glaze. Loved how it turned out. Huge shout out to Nicole Nowosad for being the inspiration behind this piece and her H-U-G-E devotion to this fabulous hobby of ours. Cut and commit! Hee!Hee!

Happy scrapping! 

2 comments:

Nicole Nowosad said...

awe, you are so sweet!!! Thanks for the love - I am not sure I pioneered the pie chart, but I sure do love them!!! Love your page too!

Gisèle said...

Love the pie charts, I have tried some before, but must try again .
Great job Aurélie :)