Monday, September 19, 2011

Dots & Stripes Calendar

Hi Everyone,
I'm back with my last project using Echo Park's Dots & Stripes line. I decided to mix it up again, and used both the Candy Shoppe and Metropolitan lines for this cute little perpetual calendar.

I got the idea for this while flipping through one of my favorite catalogs. They were selling a fun, colorful perpetual calendar, and I thought... how easy, I can do that and the Dots & Stripes lines were a perfect fit... already color coordinated and bright and cheery!

All I needed to create the free standing calendar was some chipboard, patterned papers, alpha and number stickers and my Bind-it-all (which took a while to find....)


The letters and numbers are from the Metropolitan Alpha Sticker Sheets (it took 2 sheets). This made the project even easier because there was no need to stamp or cut out the words & numbers.



I mixed and matched the patterns and colors for months, days and numbers to make it more fun. I'm thinking this might make a great teacher/coach gift for the holiday season. It really went together quickly. (that is once I reacquainted myself with my bind-it-all....). That's all for now, I'll be back next month with some Bo Bunny Garden Girl. Make sure to come back on Wednesday, to see what Zoe has created!




Supplies Used:

Patterned Papers: Echo Park Dots and Stripes Metropolitan: Leaf Small Dot, Ruby Red Small Dot, Concrete Small Dot, Teal Small Dot; Echo Park Dots & Stripes Candy Shoppe Mango Small Dot, Lemon Drop Small Dot, Bubblegum Small Dot
Stickers: Echo Park Dots & Stripes Metropolitan Card Stock Alphabet Stickers
Zutter Bind-it-All White O-wire 1 1/4"
Grafix Med. Weight Chipboard 12x12

5 comments:

  1. Soooooo love the idea, gonna make some for gifts:))

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fun idea! These would make great Christmas gifts! secret pals goodies and teacher gifts!! you rock girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful idea! Totally need to make one for myself! :-D

    ReplyDelete