Friday, May 25, 2012

That's My Girl! and more

Hey there everybody! Deanna here with my last guest post for May. It's been such a fun month designing for you all. And again I want to thank Tanya and Nicole for having me. Today I have 2 more layouts to share with ya. This first one is using one of my new favorite manufacturers, Simple Stories. I fell in LOVE with their "Fabulous" collection, it's so perfect for pictures of my girls!  Here's another layout I created with it.
 "That's My Girl"


 
To draw attention to my photo, I chose embellish this layout with a burlap banner from Canvas Corp. It's dominance draws the eye in to the photo. I also like how rustic it is, which makes it perfect to pair with the distressed papers. To finish it off, I used some old Crate Paper brads, Thickers and a couple of tags from Elle's Studio.

The other collection I worked with this month was Lily Bee's "Double Dutch". I was able to squeeze out one more layout using my leftovers and here's what I came up with.
"A Simple Moment like this"



I used portions of the Lily Bee sketch #9 as a jumping off point for this one. I used the Lily Bee stickers for a place to journal, and as another saying on the page. I also used the pennant stickers to make a banner. Some of them weren't the exact color I envisioned, so I covered 2 of them with blue gingham washi tape. I also repeated the banner motif at the top of the page using only washi tape. Burlap and canvas flowers finish off the design.

Thank you again for allowing me to share my creations with you! I've had a wonderful time guest designing for you all!

2 comments:

Sherri said...

Whooot, two layouts today. Deanna it has been lovely having you here. Your talent and design eye has been a wonderful addition to the rest of the team. I know I'll see you around *wink*.

Michelle said...

These are absolutely gorgeous!!!