Saturday, May 26, 2012

Rockin' The Hill

Happy Saturday friends!

It's Sherri here with my last post for this month.  As you may remember I've been working with Pink Paislee's Prairie Hill collection. It has been one of my favorite collections to work with from the last CHA releases.  I've always loved the bright bold look of Pink Paislee, despite the fact that I would struggle to make it look great on my own layouts.  This collection, was a different experience for me, however.  I love all the yellows & blues and the slight rustic feel of the papers. As soon as I saw it, I was sold.  It didn't take much for me to burn through the papers, buttons, and chipboard pops.

I have only bits of the line left to work with, but managed to put together a little something for you today.  I decided to go with a pretty simple layered design.  I knew that I wanted to try and use up all my remaining chipboard pops and buttons, so I designed the layout around them.
After putting everything together I felt like something was still missing, so I used my Martha Stewart butterfly punch and layered a couple of butterflies with an Echo Park This & That brad in the center and called it a day.  I like that the simple design keeps the focus on the sweet photo of my friends.  I've made it easy for you to find the supplies I've used in the store by hyper linking them.  The extras from my stash are the American Crafts alphabets, an old Jillibean Soup journaling spot, and my Martha Stewart butterfly punch.


I hope today offers you a little time to be creative.  I know there is a lot of inspiration to be had over at the LCOM forum.  You can join in the fun here.  If you are more in a shopping kind of mood today, I highly suggest you head over to the LCOM store and check out all the new product that has recently been added.  Amy Tangerine, Crate Paper, and Studio Calico just to name a few. 

Hope your weekend is turning out to be a great one!