Monday, August 3, 2015

August Color Spot

Good morning!

Welcome to the August Color Spot!!  We waited a couple of days to share with you so to not take away from our Sketch Reveal on Saturday and to give our Color Spot center stage.  It's a beautiful one and I'm positive you you will agree!

When I saw this image on Design Seeds, I did not hesitate to download the image and create the Color Spot!  It just screamed summer and those Popsicles, YUMMY!!!  The colors are so fresh and beautiful!   





I've mentioned before how grateful I am to have met some pretty amazing people in this industry. I've made some awesome friends and I'm so lucky to have so many (literally) live in my backward. This month's guest is very special to me and I'm really grateful to call her my neighbor, my friend, my true.  Please welcome the very talented Aurélie Cormier to this month's Color Spot.

"As soon as I saw the August 2015 Color Spot, I thought of Amercian Crafts' Dear Lizzy Neapolitan collection. It's an older one, yes, but I knew it was just perfect! And when I found these early pics of our sweet Éloïse at a mere few days old, that was it! The scrappy wheels started to move!! ;) For this one, it was all about layers - no sketch involved. I wanted it to be soft yet cozy, just like Éloïse in all those new blankets when she came home from the hospital. I grounded everything with some hand-stitching and added extra texture with linen thread, wood, chipboard and metal embellishments, and splats of different mixed media products. I even took out my good ol' Cuttlebug to give some extra oomph to a piece of plain patterned paper. Sweet!" - Aurélie Cormier





Super sweet layout, right?!!  I love how all the layers of paper ground the photos.  And that heart paper clip? Adorable!  Did you know that Aurélie hand stitches all of her stitching details?  I hear it's very therapeutic.  I love how it lends a gentle frame around the photos.

Thank you Aurélie for sharing your talent with us this month.

If you are inspired by this month's Color Spot, make sure you share your creations by linking them using the link below.  We always love seeing what you create!

Thanks for stopping by and see you next month!

3 comments:

Leslie Germain said...

LOVE the colors and the layout!!!

Gisèle said...

HOW GORGEOUS !!! always am in awe with your work !! Love the b+w and colour picture together! sweet :)

Unknown said...

I LOVE these colors so much and I have the perfect picture to use, I must participate. I've followed this blog for months and have never linked any of my projects, but for this one, I think I will.