Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Inspiration Station - Layering à la Terhi Koskinen!

Hello, hello! Aurelie here today for another round of Let's Capture Our Memories' Inspiration Station - where I aim to inspire by being inspired. With so many scrappy video tutorials out there these days, finding inspiration is as easy as a few clicks on the internet. That's exactly how I found the fabulous Terhi Koskinen


I'm a scrapbooker from Finland. Mother. Wife. Friend. Sister. Daughter. Horsebackrider. I'm a paper crafter with lots of inspiration and addiction to make beautiful things.

Scrapbooking is more than a hobby for me, it's a lifestyle - it starts with photograph session and ends when I get my creation where I wanted. And then it starts again. Surrounding myself with pretty things and my family is how I want to live my life. My creations are filled layers, straight lines, and techniques I want to try out. My biggest passion is to make scrapbook layouts (12" x 12"), but sometimes I'm inspired to alter some daily used objects.

I've been very lucky and honored to get myself into several design teams, you can find all current and past design teams and my published pages hereLately I've done some tutorials too, hope you get inspired by them. 

Now, for those of you who know me, you must me thinking, uh, Aurelie, you always layer. But Terhi brings layering to a whole other dimension, adding in mixed media elements to her work. And after watching a few of her tutorial videos, I fell in love with how she takes pieces of one collection (or two, or three!) and just starts piling one piece on top of each other with no worries. How many hours have I played with paper trying to find the right combo even when the papers all come from the same collection and perfectly match? It's fun, I know, and definitely part of the process, but following Terhi's lead, I dared myself to let go and not sweat the small stuff. And it totally worked! I didn't even use my cutter - just took my scissors and chopped pieces free-hand. Oh! And the doodling of circles with a pencil, embossing some more circles and creating texture with some stencils and gesso/paste!! Be still my beating heart!! I did have to pump myself up to get that going, but as soon as I started, I thought to myself, this is SO fun! Here's my layout followed by a few close-ups:





Tons of My Mind's Eye On Trend collection on this layout - patterned papers, stickers, chipboard buttons, and die-cuts. I also used a bit of Stampin' Up cardstock, Fancy Pants patterned paper, Cosmo Cricket Tiny Type alphas, Elizabeth Craft Designs Peel-Off stickers, Prima crystals, Tattered Angels Glimmer Glaze, Close to My Heart and Scrapbook & Cards Today stamps, Stampin' Up clear embossing powder and vellum, Magenta mesh, Freckled Fawn star paper clip, MME wood dots, Heidi Swapp stencil with some Liquitex light modeling paste, and yup, you guessed it, hand-stitching using a Crafter's Workshop stitching template and some good ol' DMC floss.

Wanna see some of Terhi's work up close? Here are a few close-ups of some of her work that totally inspired me for this reveal (I've included the link for Terhi's video tutorials below each photo):

https://youtu.be/eiV4ykiqUrk
https://youtu.be/YkgSclGYwnU
https://youtu.be/Zohf-_SaMAg

If you'd like to see even more of Terhi's work, just hop along right over here:

Social media: FacebookInstagram (terhi_koskinen), YouTubeTwitter (@terhi_koskinen)
Online galleries: Scrapbook.comCSIPinterestFlickr

Huge shout out to Terhi who so kindly allowed me to lift some of her ideas and post some of her own work onto today's feature. You are truly an inspiration and I look forward in seeing what you come up with next! ;)

Happy scrapping!

Aurelie

3 comments:

Majo said...

Beautiful work!!

Auntie Em said...

Beautiful LO. Its so amazing to see a layered LO like this. They definitely draw your eye in to see all the treasures.
Thanks for sharing! :)

Gisèle said...

Totally inspiring !!