Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Cute as a Button

I can't believe summer vacation is over and we're already back into the routine of school, activities, homework, sleep, repeat! This week officially marks the start of our FULL schedule, and my job title officially changes to taxi driver and schedule coordinator! Luckily I did find time to scrap a little between lunches and laundry! I'm back with some more Echo Park Dots and Stripes. This time I mixed up both the Metropolitan and Candy Shoppe lines. I just love the colors and the simplicity of the patterns!

This is a picture of my daughter with one of our favorite little neighbors at the tea party held for all the girls in the neighborhood last month. It was so cute to see all the girls, big and little, dressed up and having fun together. They ranged in age from 13 down to 18 months! I kept the layout simple to let the picture be the focus.


I used the pennants from the Alpha Stickers Sheets along with some Twinery Twine to create a cute little banner.


I punched a heart from the Bubblegum paper and popped it up over a piece of the reverse side to give the layout a little dimension and show off the different patterns.


And the title was so simple to create... I combined the Alphas from both lines and added a Whimsy to complete it! It really was an easy and fun layout to create! I'll be back next week with my final Echo Park Dots and Stripes project...be sure to check in Friday to see what Nicole has created!





Supplies:
Patterned Papers: Echo Park Dots & Stripes Metropolitan Leaf Small Dot, Teal Small Dot; Echo Park Dots & Stripes Candy Shoppe Mango Small Dot, Bubblegum Small Dot
Stickers & Alphas: Echo Park Dots & Stripes Metropolitan Element Stickers, Alpha Stickers; Echo Park Dots & Stripes Candy Shoppe Alpha Stickers
Card Stock: Bazzill
Twine: The Twinery Blossom Light Pink, Caribbean Teal, Honeydew Chartreuse
Button: My Little Bit of Whimsy

6 comments:

Monique said...

Such a cute LO!

nicollelovesscrapbooking.blogspot.com said...

Sweet LO! Love the banner stitching and design..:)

Tanya said...

adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!! totally adorable!!

Nicole Nowosad said...

so cute!!! love that little banner..great mix of the dots too!!!

Brittney said...

This is adorable - love the stitching!

Unknown said...

Wonderful page! Love the fun colors and banner! TFS