Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Her Christmas Message

Her Christmas Message
by Wendy Sommers

Hello blog readers! I'm back today with more of Echo Park's Holly Jolly collection to share! I want to share a layout that I created to celebrate this hectic, holiday season! We get so caught up in all the planning and purchasing. It's nice to take a step back and remember the reason for the season. And it's even nicer when it is a child who reminds of why we celebrate!

My daughter, Olivia, has been making homemade cards for weeks for her friends to celebrate Christmas. She puts the most thoughtful notes inside! (I know the one she gave me is something I will cherish forever.) I knew this special moment needed to be captured on a layout so I set out to do just that.

One of my favourite things to do lately is create banners with my patterened papers. It's so quick and inexpensive - I love the look:


If you haven't picked these up already, you don't know what you are missing! These Tiny Type stickers by Cosmo Cricket are so inexpensive ($1.95!!) and you get TONS of stickers. They are the perfect complement to any layout. Here, I used the Christmas version:

One of my favourite parts of EP's Holly Jolly collection is the Element Stickers. I created this border using the ornaments from that sheet (it literally took seconds to do):


From time to time, I like to get my children to write the journalling on their layout. It's such a great way to capture their childhood. I couldn't pass up the opportunity to have Olivia write the journalling on this layout - having her write on the journal tag fit the theme of my layout so well:


Here's another close-up using the element sticker sheet:


Another favourite embellishment from this line for me is the brads! They obviously match this line but the colours are so versatile - you could use tem for so many more collections from different manufacturers:


And here's my layout:

Thanks for the visit! Be sure to check back soon for more wonderful inspiration from the MT!

Wendy

********************************************************************************************

Supplies Used from the LCOM store:
Echo Park - Holly Jolly collection: Assorted brad pack
Echo Park - Holly Jolly collection: Element stickers
Echo Park - Holly Jolly collection: Dash Away pp
Echo Park - Holly Jolly collection: Up on the Housetop pp
Echo Park - Holly Jolly collection: Stocking Are Hung pp
Echo Park - Holly Jolly collection: Fa-la-la-la-la pp
Echo Park - Holly Jolly collection - Merry & Bright pp
Echo Park - Holly Jolly collection - Holiday Wrap
Cosmo Cricket - Tiny Text stickers: Christmas
Other: Prima holiday leaves, mist, AC slick writer


5 comments:

Gisèle said...

Such a wonderful LO:))

Heather Jacob said...

fabulous ... I just adore the rich pink with the green .. full of magical sparkles ... hugz x

Kathy Skou said...

So pretty!

nicollelovesscrapbooking.blogspot.com said...

Beautiful LO and pic! Sweet journaling..:)

Unknown said...

Great layout! Love the journaling!