Friday, April 6, 2012

Feeling FABulous


Hi everyone, and Happy Good Friday to those of you who celebrate the Easter season!  I'm Sherri, and this is my first post for LCOM, I am thrilled to be here, it is a sweet little corner on the world wide web.  

My first project this month features the new Simple Stories line. When I first saw the Fabulous collection, I just knew I had to have it.  I have three girls and none of them would be ashamed to proclaim, out loud, that they are exactly that - fabulous.  (oh to be as confident in myself as my girls are).  The cardstock stickers are what really got me.  They have embellishing elements, as well as phrases, boarders, and even alphas between the two sheets.  I loved this name tag, and thought it would be great for the title of my layout.
I have a new found love for Glossy Accents, I put it all over the alphas, creating an epoxy effect, helping it to add a little shine, and pop to the page.
I also used it on the Maya Road wood banner that I covered

As you'll soon discover with me, I love white space on my layouts, I also really like to tell the story behind the photo with journaling.  This combination, can sometimes create a problem.  A lot of my journaling ends up being hidden behind the photo on a tag or other element.  For this layout I chose to keep it visible, but tight, and tiny right close to the doily.  I find it less distracting from the overall design, and more appealing to the eye this way.  Here is the layout I created using some posed photos of my youngest, hanging out on the deck in her swim suit.  With the start of summer just around the corner, it won't be much longer before we'll all be hanging out on or decks more often. 
The background paper is one sheet of paper, I simply cut it at the top and bottom, flipped it over, and sewed it back together.  The butterfly is pop dotted off the page for dimension, and I've curled the edges of the hand cut doilies upward ever so slightly.

Simple Stories quickly catapulted themselves onto my 'fave manufacturer' list, by consistently designing with a bright, yet subtle colour palette, fun little embellishing elements, and always including product that is easy to mix and match between lines.  I also love the the journal, and flashcards, they are perfect for my Project Life album.  The store has plenty of this line still available.  I encourage you to hop on over and have a peek at the entire collection, it is so easy to work with.

Supplies Used:
Echo Park: Charming brads
Items from my stash: Martha Stewart butterfly punch, May Arts jute, black Sharpie, random brads, sewing machine

Thanks for stopping by today, have a wonderful long weekend!







12 comments:

Michelle said...

This is FABULOUS!!! Love the layering and all the dimension!

Pam said...

love it Sherri!

Nicole Nowosad said...

this is so pretty Sherri!!!

Nicole Brenna said...

That is one of my favorite layouts I have seen of yours... Love love love it... everything about it is so great! So glad to see you as guest designer!

antenucci said...

So neat to see you here Sherri! Totally love this layout - Fabulous totally fits your girls and you!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is beautiful . I love everything on the page.... So much talent. Your work is fabulous !!!
Lilly

Lisa H said...

It is fabulous! =) I love the photos of your daughter, they fit so well and she looks so spunky.

Unknown said...

I love this! The title had me laugh out lout :) You are one talented lady!!

Nana Campana said...

Beautiful layout! Love the colors and the way you distributed your elements throughout the layout.. :) Great work!

Kate Vickers said...

Great layout Sherri! I really love the way you did the pennant banner and all of the layering.

mgpm said...

I love the title!!!! And the layout is gorgeous, really fine work sherri! Your daughter is such a beautiful girl, too.

Tanya said...

This is super beautiful!! and well completely fabulous!!