Thursday, July 5, 2012

Sweet baby girl

Hello everyone!  I'm back today with another LO using the Delightful collection by Authentique Paper.  I've decided to do a quick tutorial on paper rosettes.  They are really easy to do and add a lot of dimension on your LO!



What you will need is a 12" strip of paper and a border punch.  Keep in mind that whatever size you cut your paper, your rosette will be twice the width when you are done.


Then I use a ruler to score the paper.


The I folded the paper accordian style.


Now you need to glue your two ends together.


Once it is glued together, press down your rosette so it lays flat and glue on a piece of paper to the back.


I usually lay something heavy on it for a few minutes to make sure it's stuck well.  Then you turn it around and you have your rosette, you can embellish the middle as you please!


Supplies used: Authentique Paper Delightful, A/C chipboard, Maya Road pin and butterfly, Prima wooden banner and flower, twine, ZVA pearl flourish, Thickers, Evalicious buttons.

Oh, this paper is on sale right now in the LCOM Store...40% off!  Hurry and get it before it's all gone!






4 comments:

KrissyClarkMcKee said...

Cute layout and great tutorial! Rosette flowers are some of my favorites!

Kate Vickers said...

Awesome layout Michelle! I love the idea of using a ruler to do the folds for the rosette. I never thought of that.

Sherri said...

The ruler is a great idea if you don't have a score pal, thanks for the tip Michelle. Love what you've done with that collection.

Aurelie said...

Awesome job, Michelle! As soon as I saw the layout, I went ahhhhh... And love the tutorial!! Woo!Hoo!