Saturday, October 13, 2012

Create Interest with 3D Elements

Hi everyone! It's Kate Vickers here today. I would like to share this layout that I made using Studio Calico's Hey Day collection, available at the Let's Capture Our Memories store.

Love You Always and Forever

I created the 3D butterflies with the Studio Calico Hey Day Ephemera Pack. The butterflies will collapse almost flat when I must my layout in an album, so they add a lot of interest but not a lot of bulk. Here's how I did it:
  1. Take 2 of the Studio Calico butterflies and lay them on top of one another. 
  2. Secure with a tiny bit of glue in the centre. 
  3. Place them on your layout and machine stitch through the centres. 
  4. Gently bend the edges up. That's it!

Love You Always and Forever Close Up

I added interest to the page title by popping up the title sticker with adhesive foam squares. I inked the edges to make it stand out a bit more.

Love You Always and Forever Close Up 2

Thanks for dropping by today! As always, I would love to hear what you think. :)

1 comment:

Michelle said...

So pretty! Love those soft colors!