Monday, September 1, 2014

September Color Spot

Good morning to you all!

We're welcoming September with great anticipation.  It's Labor Day weekend which means we have a extra long weekend.  Yay!  It's our last family getaway for the summer since we are back to school and routines tomorrow!!  Yikes!!  It's been a fabulous summer and we've had the opportunity to travel and visit the Maritimes and soak in the fabulous flavors it has to offer!  

Which brings me to this month's Color Spot.  I was immediately drown to this photo on Design Seeds when searching for this month's spot.  After spending countless summer days and nights admiring the scenery that surrounded us, this photo immediately took me back to those places.  I knew this was the one to share with you.  


I've asked my friend and fellow design team member, Brenda Caldow if she would like to take up this month's challenge and I was so happy she accepted!  I love Brenda's designs.  There's always a touch of whimsical and fabulous to her pages.  She shares that with us today.

I love all the layers she used under her photo, especially the music sheet! Brenda tells me that the very handsome man she pictured with is Shannon Noll.  He's an Autralian Singer who was performing with Suzi Quatro at the Red Hot Summer Concert. She was so excited to attend the concert and meet him in person. 


What beautiful flowers she used in her layout and check out this great wood veneer!  Don't you just love the way she distress it to match her design!  It's the perfect finishing touch!



Thank you so much Brenda for sharing such a lovely layout and a great story with us!

And because this Color Spot was inspiring for me, I thought I'd give a go at it too.  It was the perfect Color Spot to use up some of my Irish Farm House Collection from Jillibean Soup.  


We R Memory Keepers makes these fabulous Sew Easy Templates.  It was perfect to add that final touch to my title.

Jillibean Soup's Butterfly Sugar Pic was the perfect partner to the die-cut butterfly.



Thanks for stopping by today.  I hope you enjoyed our Color Spot.  Make sure you share your September Color Spot with us by linking it to the link below.  You know we always love seeing what you create!

No comments: