Wednesday, April 1, 2015

April Color Spot

Good morning!

We hope you are having Spring like weather in your neck of the woods.  After the harsh winter we've experience, the last few days have been filled with sunshine and the snow is finally melting!!  YAY!

I was hoping to be able to share some pics of the crocuses that usually come out be now, but they are still hiding under the snow.  So I went looking for pics online and found some pretty tulips.  Who doesn't love tulips?!  It's the perfect Spring flower!  I remembered that our national capital city usually has a tulip festival.  This is where I found this picture.  The colors are so vibrant!  I just knew that it would be perfect for this month's Color Spot.



I asked my fellow scrappy friend and design team member, Christine Perez, if she would have a go at this month's Color Spot.   She came up with a great interpretation!  Here is what she had to say about it.

"Since there are many colors, I chose a more simple background, but worked in some details with stencils and inks (blue/orange/fuschia).  I matted the photo on yellow paper and decided to use some green textile to add texture.  My page is simple because the colors are so vibrant!" - Christine



One thing I love about Christine's designs is the pictures she uses.  Yes the pictures!  If you follow her, you will know that she uses a lot of scenic pictures and tells the story of the place and the emotions she might of felt while visiting.


I love how Christine always adds little subtle details to her pages.



Thank you Christine for sharing your project with us!  You sure know how to rock the color world!

Make sure you visit Christine's blog for more inspiration.  Don't forget to link your projects down below using the attached link.  You know how we love to see what you create!

Happy scrappping!

2 comments:

Gisèle said...

wow, so pretty :)

Unknown said...

OHHHH Color!!!!We're all looking for it!!!:)