Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Inspiration Station - Pocket scrapbooking cards on traditional layouts

Hello, everyone! Aurelie here today for another round of Let's Capture Our Memories' Inspiration Station - where I am to inspire you by being inspired myself. This month, it's all about using pocket scrapbooking cards on your traditional layouts. Yes, you know what I mean! All those lovely 3X4 or 4X6 cards that manufacturers are creating for the pocket scrappers out there, but are SO awesome and match oh, so perfectly the rest of the collection, that us traditional scrappers are buying them, too! I was determined to use some on a layout, and when I saw this layout by Anna Kossakovskaya, I was instantly inspired to try it out. Here's her layout, using some Fancy Pants yumminess:



And here's what I came up with:



Set on a piece of Basic Grey patterned paper from the Fresh Cut collection, I then turned to tons of the Simples Stories' I Am collection - a piece of one 6X6 patterned paper, SN@P! cards, brads, chipboard stickers, bits and pieces, enamel dots, and chipboard frames. I also used a piece of Studio Calico transparency, added some Pink Paislee alphas, and did some hand-stitching with a Crafter's Workshop stitching template and some DMC floss. Photos by Philippe DumasAnd there you have it! Hope this layout will inspire you to get those leftover pocket scrapbooking cards and start using them as elements on your traditional designs.

But before I go, I'd like to extend a huge shout out to Anna who so graciously accepted that I lift her layout for this feature. Here's a little something about her:




Hello! I'm Anna and I live in Saint-Petersburg, Russia. Wife, mom of baby Alice and cat Diana. Scrapbooking is my passion since 2011. I love paper - love to work with it! I create everything: traditional 12x12 layouts, cards, mini albums... and in January of 2014, I started pocket scrapbooking. I love bright and clear colors and I love to tell my stories through the materials while saving my memories for my family.
You can find Anna on her blog at right here.

Happy scrapping!