Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Hi everyone! I am very excited to be back again for another term at Let's Capture Our Memories as a designer and co-ordinator!

This month, I will be working with some Lily Bee Designs product - all found in the Let's Capture Our Memories store! I have been dying to dig into these supplies and share with you!

First up is a page I did using one of my favorite things - little bits and pieces - I know this is not a new or unknown thing - but you really can do a lot with some little bits of paper to give them texture and depth!

I started off with this paper from the store from the Handmade line:

It was screaming for me to chop it up - not only is there tons of different patterns, but multiple colours too!
I love that! Here is what I came up with when pairing this paper with one of the Lily Bee basics papers (polka dot one side, grid the other):
 I tried to add some texture by stitching the squares and adding a few buttons to them.  I also used some of the papers from the Bag of Bits and layering some foam squares under them:
 I added a few little flags that I made by stitching some folded paper together onto a sewing pin and clipping the ends to a pennant flag:
There is lots of Lily Bee Designs available in the store - check it all out HERE

Supplies used:



2 comments:

Michelle said...

Loving those squares!!!

Sherri said...

Love this Nic, great idea to cut out those squares, and distress the background paper. So happy to be working with you!