Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Heidi Swapp Sugar Chic and Color Magic Layout

Hi everyone! It's Kate Vickers here today. I just want to share a layout that I created with Heidi Swapp's Sugar Chic line. I love the bold prints and bright colours in this line. It's been a lot of fun to work with.

For this layout I started off with a base of Color Magic paper and I inked the edges with some blue ink by Stampin' Up. Next, I randomly sprayed the inside here and there with homemade pink mist (water + ink + a few drops of gum arabic + PearlEx powder). I love the subtle effect it created. It really brings out the colours in my Photoshop edited pictures.

 Remember Everyday Moments

Here's a little tip with photos, if your pictures don't match your paper - print them in black and white or sepia instead. My daughter was wearing a dark purple dress in this photo and it wasn't going to work with this paper, so I decided to go with black and white. However, both my girls have very striking blue eyes inherited from their Dad, and I didn't want to lose that in the close up shot used in this layout, so I edited the photos in Photoshop to be partially black and white and partially in colour (her eyes and her cheeks have colour).

Heidi Swapp's Sentiment Storage elements are a pleasure to use.  I love being able to hide my journalling with such a pretty embellishment.

 Remember Everyday Moments 6

I fussy cut a lot of the flowers out of one piece of the Heidi Swapp paper and then embellished it with Viva Decor Pearl Pens and some 3D foam dots.

Remember Everyday Moments 5 

I adore using the Heidi Swapp Color Magic alphabet stickers seen here. Don't you hate it when you can't find the right alphabet stickers for a layout? Well, this is the solution! Where was I going to get bright yellow alphabet stickers from?

 Remember Everyday Moments 3
Supplies 

Thanks for joining me here today! Let me know what you think of my project.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Gorgeous Kate!

Sherri said...

Fabulous fussy cutting Kate. And those photos are adorable. You & HS make a great pair!

Tanya said...

WOW WOW WOW~~~ and ok WOW!! this is fabulous, gorgeous, inspiring!