Tuesday, April 1, 2014

April Color Spot

Welcome to April's Color Spot!

If you live in the Maritimes, we hope you survived the last few snow storms that have whipped through the area!  Wowsers!  We're still digging out.  I'm thinking the Easter Bunny will have to borrow Santa's sleigh to get here this year!  We can't wait to see the trees and flowers bloom and showcase their beautiful colors!

Speaking of colors, here is this month's color spot.


I was browsing online the other day looking for some jewelry ideas to make.  I came across this photo of a necklace for sale on Etsy.  Those little pendants reminded me of little sour candies I indulge on once in a while.  And the colors reminded me a fairy tale like mermaid stuck on a deserted island surrounded by jewels.  I thought it would the perfect color inspiration!

I ask my friend and fellow Designer, Stephanie Hart, to give it try.  Boy!  Did she ever rock it!!    Love her use of the color palette.  The blues and pinks are gorgeous and highlight so well her furry little friend.  How GORGEOUS is that little kitty cat!  Love the pocket full of sequins..... I'm taken back to that little deserted island....  


Check out the stitching details.  Love how she sewed over her letters.


If these colors don't scream of Spring, I'm not sure what does!  We hope this month's color spot will inspire you to create something fabulous!  Make sure you share it with us by using the link below.  We love to see what you create!

Happy Scrapping!

No comments: