Monday, August 4, 2014

Inspiration Station - Family

Happy Monday everyone!

Isabelle, here today, with the latest installment of Inspiration Station.  It's New Brunswick Day here where I live, which gives us a long weekend to enjoy with family.  This particular weekend is special for our family, because it's the weekend we always celebrate our Family Reunion.  The last 2 years have been rough on the family, as we've lost a few family members.  This year we were really looking forward to seeing everyone and sharing memories, laughs and tears.  We had a really amazing time! 

As we took photos of the kids, of course I thought to myself, "these will make great scrapbooking pages!".  But then I thought to myself, why do I scrapbook?  Is it really to preserve the memories?  I've come to realize that I scrapbook to capture the essence of the people in the photographs.  Yes, I'm sure I will remember the circumstances of the photo in the layout, but when I look back at my pages, what I remember most is the person, the relationship that I have with that person and the good feelings (and the not so good feelings!) that I feel about them and about me.  This is what inspires me to create my pages.  It's my personal journal of sorts.

Here's a layout that is just that.  It's of my cousin having a tickle session on the couch with my kids and my nephew.  Nothing to stop them from having the best laugh ever!  Makes me feel content and blessed.  Love them to pieces.

 
    


Thanks for stopping by today.  I hope I was able to inspire you today.   Please join us on Thursday, when Jocelyne returns with her latest Product Shuffle installment.  (P.S., you really don't want to miss it.  I've seen it and it's AWESOME!!!)

Have a great week!

Isabelle

1 comment:

Gisèle said...

Yes, scrapbooking the everyday happy moments :)