Sunday, June 21, 2015

Product Shuffle - Gold Pen

Good Morning and Happy Father's Day!

I am not used to making anything masculine.  I love my Prima flowers and my ribbon but that was just not going to cut it on a father's day card.  As I was cleaning out my scrapbooking carrier, I was testing out my markers to see if they were still working and came across a Pilot gold pen that I had forgotten I had. It still worked and I knew I wanted to use it on my card.


To make the focal image, I used a CTMH stamp and some reinker.  Adding a few drops of reinker to a sponge and then over saturating the stamp let you stamp a wider image.  I then used the gold pen to draw over the stamped image.


I used the same pen to doodle around the torn cardstock and draw a few stars around the card.


I also used a ruler and my trusty pen to add faux stitching to the bottom part of the card.
And there you have it!  My husband's father's day card.


Along with CTMH cardstock, ribbon and stamp, I used Carta Bella's Well Played paper, Basic Grey photo frame, My Mind's Eye enamel dots and Prima wood buttons

Have yourself a great day and I'll see you next month!

1 comment:

Auntie Em said...

Cute card! I love my gold pens and markers and inks. They can add such a nice edge or highlight to so many cards...not just Christmas ones! lol
Thank you for sharing your work. Must go shuffle through my pen drawer and dig a few of my metallic markers out to play with. :)