Tuesday, July 1, 2014

July Color Spot

Happy Canada Day!

We hope our Canadian fans are enjoying their day today.  Let's hope the great weather keeps up for the fireworks tonight!

Speaking of fireworks, this month's Color Spot is sure to fire up your creative mojo!!  I found this great color scheme over at Design Seeds.  If you've never taking the time to visit their site, you really should!  They have amazing color schemes and you're most definitely will find something to be inspired by!  The picture I chose for this week was just what I needed to get the summer vibe going.  I love butterflies and this one is just so beautiful.  It reminded me of the movie "The Flight Of The Butterfly" my family and I saw last summer.


I asked my friend and fellow designer, Kristine Davidson, if she would have a try at our spot this month.  I was so happy she agreed!  Kristine is an amazing designer and I love her take on the Color Spot. Check out all the great layering!  Oh and her cute niece!  She's lovely!  :)


Here's a close-up of the fussy-cut flowers and layers.


The enamel dots and that arrow paper clip add that perfect touch to the layout.


Thank you Kristine for sharing your project with us this month!  

You can follow Kristine's blog here.  You'll also find her over at her sketch blog, Creative Scrappers.  And if she wasn't busy enough, she is also a designer for Jillibean Soup and Simple Stories.  :)

It's now your turn to share with us your July Color Spot projects!  Link them up below.  We always love seeing what you create!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

SOOOOOOOO LOVE those colors!!!!!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous color challenge choice and great job Kristine- this layout is gorgeous!!

Beatrice Lawson said...

Kristine, this is stunning!! I love Design Seeds too and I find their colour combos amazing.