Thursday, August 28, 2014

Product Shuffle : 5x7 Kraft Envelopes Take 2

Good morning!
This week I continue my quest to use up part of my massive stash of envelopes!  If you want to my first fist take click here.
It seemed like it had been so long since we were invited to a wedding.  All of sudden, a couple of months ago we received three invitations!  We unfortunately missed two while we were away overseas on our vacation, but I still wanted to send cards.  The third wedding is this weekend.  While making wedding cards, I will be using envelopes to seal the cards, obviously!  But how could I use more?  By making a card using the envelope!
I am using a kraft envelope, that way it is sturdy enough to be used as a card.  it is already scored, so all I need to do to transform it into a card is to cut the sides.  I removed about one inch on each side to make a 5X6 fold over card

I then added Pink Paislee's Secret Crush paper to the card.  This romantic love themed collection seemed perfect for a wedding card.  

 I like how it all came together.  You would never guess that the card was created using an envelope.
I used Pink Paislee mini alpha stickers, Webster's Pages trim and Prima flowers and flourishes.  Super easy!  I even embellished the inside using fussy cut doilies from the same paper collection
I did this to hide the glue strip that was on the envelope, but it makes it just that bit more fancy.  I hope you like it! I'm off to make more of these envelope cards.  See you Saturday for our weekly sketch reveal!
Have a great day!


2 comments:

Gisèle said...

Wow, that is awesome Jocelyne, love the idea of using the envelope to make the card!
I have tons of large envelopes of different colours that I got 20 for $1 at Cn $$$ store!
Might try it myself!!

Beatrice Lawson said...

I have to try this. I have a huge stash of old sorts of colours and sizes of envelopes... this is a great way to use them up.